Monday, July 11, 2011

RnR: Week 1 Day 1

This is it! My half marathon training officially starts today. I am following Hal Higdon's Intermediate Half Marathon Training program. This is going to be different from the training program I followed when I did my first half. I followed the ActionAid UK Intermediate Half Marathon program devised by Jane Wake. From the looks of it, Hal Higdon's program will require me to run more days with only 2 rest days per week one of which will be a stretch and strengthen day compared to Jane Wake's which has at least 3 days of rest in a week. I already know that I am capable of running 13.1 miles without stopping. I want to challenge myself more this time and push myself to a new PR. I really have to up my game, stay consistent and stay focused if I want to shave off some time from my last PR.

So Week 1 Day 1 schedule asked for "Stretch and Strengthen". I was a little bit busy today, the only workout I could squeeze in was a quick 20 minute Pilates via On Demand. I've been doing Nicole Stewart's 20-minute Total Body Pilates for quite some time now, pretty much since I started being serious about changing my lifestyle from being sedentary to being active and healthy.  I remember how this routine was so difficult when I first started. This is my go-to workout now if I wanted to take it easy or simply feel invigorated during one of those lazy days.

Managing my schedule will be the biggest challenge in the next 12 weeks but this program will help me stay on track and keep my focus towards my goal. Now, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Mrs. Skinny Jeans

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates