Monday, August 1, 2011

RnR: Week 4 Day 1

Week 4 already! 8 more weeks to go 'til the big day! Gosh, it just seemed to fly by. I have my Los Gatos Dammit Run next week which will be my 'training race'. I just got my bib in the mail yesterday. This race is only 5 miles but it is going to be tough for me considering the course is on a gnarly rugged terrain. I have never run a race on a hilly course before so this is going to be quite a challenge.

I barely had time to fit in a workout today but good thing today's schedule only called for stretch and strength. I was able to get my workout in late in the evening. I did 20 mins of Total Body Pilates with Nicole Stewart followed by another 20 mins of 10lbs Slimdown Yoga with Chris Freytag. Thank god for Exercise TV On Demand. I could get things done anytime I can.

This is why I love training! I love having the structure to follow. It helps me get myself committed to training and be motivated to push myself to stick to it and get it done. One thing I learned about running is that, there is nothing impossible if you just work hard for it. Over a year ago, when I started training for my first 10k, I thought running a 10k race was a crazy idea. I was nervous just by the thought of it. Now looking back, I am so proud of myself for taking that challenge. I am now getting to a place where I'd never thought I could get to. I never thought I could finish a 10k, let alone a 13.1 mile race. This is now my 2nd half marathon training and would love to run more races in the future and maybe my first full marathon in the not-so-distant future.

from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Mrs. Skinny Jeans

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates