Monday, July 11, 2011

4.5 Miler in the Heat!

Here's our treat once we reached
uphill - a beautiful view of the Lexington Reservoir
The hubs and I did our regular weekend trail run this morning. As usual, I didn't get up 'til mid-morning so I was gearing myself up for a run in blazing heat. Well, the heat was actually tolerable. It's the humidity that was a real challenge. We ran at the Los Gatos Creek Trail starting from Miles Ave. all the way to Lexington Reservoir and back. It's about 4.5 miles total but with the heat and humidity, the effort seemed longer than the actual mileage. I took it easy going uphill for the most part, careful not to over do it and exhaust myself too soon. I was hoping to do a longer than 4.5 mile run but was more relieved than disappointed when the hubs told me that we are turning back around instead of climbing up St. Joseph's hill.

Nathan Quickdraw Plus hydration. Love it!
Downhill is sweet! I love this part of the run. I picked up the pace on the way back and was almost surprised that I felt strong despite the heat and humidity. The heat can take its toll on you sometimes so I made sure I stay hydrated on runs like this. Whoever invented the Nathan Quickdraw Plus hand-held hydration deserves a big pat on the back. I love this thing. This is more or less $20 but worth every penny.

This run was short but I definitely felt accomplished having to contend with warm muggy weather and a steep uphill climb but never for one second thought about bailing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Mrs. Skinny Jeans

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates