Tuesday, July 12, 2011

RnR: Week 1 Day 2

W1D2 called for an easy 3 mile run but tweaked it a little bit today. There is a regular weekly Sports Basement group run on Tuesday nights which I decided to participate. I've been to a few Sunday morning group runs with Sports Basement but have never tried the Tuesday night schedule.

Since I went all the way to Sunnyvale to run, I figured I should put in some extra miles to what was called for from today's training schedule. I ran from the Sports Basement at Kern to Agnew Rd and back for a total of 5 miles. My mile splits which includes a few traffic light stops are as follows:

Mile 1: 11:42 min/mile
Mile 2: 9:49 min/mile
Mile 3: 9:51 min/mile
Mile 4: 10:16 min/mile
Mile 5: 10:31 min/mile

My 5 mile route
I was pleasantly surprised to see more runners on a Tuesday night compared to Sunday morning runs. There were probably more or less 2 dozen runners out there tonight with diverse backgrounds, pace and distance goals for the night. The group starts the run together and then you are free to run at your own pace after. There is no pressure to keep up with runners slower or faster than you or to stick with the group. After the run, there is an opportunity to socialize and enjoy the camaraderie with fellow runners. As an added bonus, Sports Basement gives out prizes depending on how many miles you have accumulated while joining in the group runs. I think one of the prizes is a tech shirt which is cool to have.

I was also supposed to meet up with a group of local runners which a Dailymile friend suggested I join in. Unfortunately, I misread the schedule emailed to me and missed them. It was a very good run nonetheless and will probably try to make it to Tuesday evening runs as often as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Mrs. Skinny Jeans

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates