Sunday, August 7, 2011

RnR: Week 4 Day 7

Great hill work this morning with my hubby and my BIL. We ran at the Los Gatos Creek Trail all the way to the top of Manzanita Trail at St. Joseph's Hill and down Jones rail towards downtown for a total of 6.65 miles @ 1:19:15. It was sunny, warm and humid. I had a tough time getting through the first 4 miles which happened to include 3 killer hills in today's running route. My legs felt like jello, I had a hard time finding my groove. I managed to get myself to a slow run the first hill towards the Lexington Reservoir but the St. Joseph's hill climb I pretty much just walked.

The way down the hills was a different story. I felt like I was flying out there and it felt awesome. It was well worth the struggle the first 4 miles. It was like a reward after all the hard work. My mile splits are as follows:

Mile 1 - 11:02
Mile 2 - 11:24
Mile 3 - 16:05
Mile 4 - 13:08
Mile 5 -10:59
Mile 6 -10:40
Extra 0.65mile - 10:08

Big thanks to my hubby, as always and to my BIL for running with me, for motivating and inspiring me to keep pushing myself to reach further. It was one tough but an awesome run nonetheless.

Our 6.65 mile route today

Today's elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Mrs. Skinny Jeans

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates