Sunday, July 31, 2011

RnR: Week 3 Day 7

I wasn't planning on running today after logging 7 miles yesterday but running around doing chores all day made me feel icky, tired and lazy. Instead of taking a nap, I decided to go to the gym for a short treadmill run. The gym was virtually empty. It was nice to have the whole place to myself. I didn't have to wait for my turn especially on the weight machines which was awesome.

I did 3 miles on the treadmill for 36 minutes. I got it done without having to worry about my pace. I didn't even bother tracking my mile splits which I usually do even on short runs like this. I intended it to be just an easy run to get me reinvigorated and to shake off the tired lazies, although I did cranked up the usual 1% incline to 3% then to 5% the last mile.

After the treadmill, I did the following weights workout for another 25 minutes or so:

Chest press 30 lbs 5x 15 reps
Lat pull 50 lbs 5x 15 reps
Leg pull 40 lbs 5x 15 reps
Ab Crunch 40 lbs 5x 15 reps
Bicep Curl 20 lbs 5x 10 reps

I felt energized both physically and mentally after these workouts. It was great to be able to just do that spontaneously.

Photo courtesy from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Mrs. Skinny Jeans

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates